We understand that building a home is a key milestone in anyone’s life. Through the NHBRC enrolment process consumers enjoy several benefits including major structural warranty cover and access to our complaints procedure which aims to ensure that builders meet their obligations under the Act.
Home Enrolment benefits
• Compliance to NHBRC’s Home Builders Manual, which sets minimum quality standards
• NHBRC quality inspections during construction
• Major structural warranty cover for a period of up to five years from date of occupation
• NHBRC mediation between consumer and builder
• Recourse through our complaints, arbitration and remedial processes
Speak to us
If, during the course of construction of your home, a defect occurs and you are having difficulty with your builder, speak to us. The NHBRC will investigate the complaint, and if found valid, will contact the home builder and insist that the problems are attended to within a specific time frame. If the builder does not co-operate, the NHBRC may hold a meeting on site between the consumer and the home builder, which normally results in the builder honouring their warranty obligations. Additionally, the NHBRC publishes and distributes a list of its registered home builders and any builders who have been de-registered or suspended.